February 15, 1960 Darrell Ray Green, hall of fame football player, was born in Houston, Texas. Green played college football at Texas A&M University where he was a first team All-American and earned his Bachelor of Science degree in 1983.
Archive | February 15, 2015
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- May 25th in African American History – Lauryn Noel Hill
- Frederick Rudolph “Fred” Dean – February 24th in African American History
- Henry Johnson – January 31st in African American History
- May 21st in African American History – Clarence Edward “Big House” Gaines, Sr.
- February 15th in African American History – Nat King Cole
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer