February 15, 1960 Darrell Ray Green, hall of fame football player, was born in Houston, Texas. Green played college football at Texas A&M University where he was a first team All-American and earned his Bachelor of Science degree in 1983.
Archive | February 15, 2015
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- October 31st in African American History – Earl Francis “Big Cat” Lloyd
- September 14th in African American History – Beau Richards
- February 6th in African American History – Arthur Robert Ashe, Jr.
- May 27th in African American History – Doris “Dorie” Miller
- Darrell Ray Green – February 15th in African American History
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer