February 15, 1960 Darrell Ray Green, hall of fame football player, was born in Houston, Texas. Green played college football at Texas A&M University where he was a first team All-American and earned his Bachelor of Science degree in 1983.
Tag Archives | February 15
By Chimsima Zuhri on February 15, 2015 in African American History, February, Sports
By Chimsima Zuhri on February 15, 2014 in African American History, February
February 15, 1952 Bill T. Jones, dancer, choreographer and artistic director, was born in Bunnell, Florida. Jones performed and choreographed worldwide before forming the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company in 1982.
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- August 19th in African American History – Martha Rae Watson
- September 22nd in African American History – Robert Lee Satcher, Jr.
- November 22nd in African American History – Benjamin Sherman “Scatman” Crothers
- September 14th in African American History – Dorothy Celeste Boulding Ferebee
- Jerome Heartwell “Brud” Holland – January 9th in African American History
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer