March 7, 2002 Charles Howard Wright, physician, author, and museum founder, died. Wright was born September 20, 1918 in Dothan, Alabama. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Alabama State College in 1939 and his Doctor of Medicine degree from Meharry Medical College in 1943.
Tag Archives | September 20
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- January 5th in African American History – Charles Mingus, Jr.
- January 29th in African American History – James Lee Jamerson
- Jester Joseph Hairston – January 18th in African American History
- March 13th in African American History – James Theodore Holly
- February 6th in African American History – Arthur Robert Ashe, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer