March 7, 2002 Charles Howard Wright, physician, author, and museum founder, died. Wright was born September 20, 1918 in Dothan, Alabama. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Alabama State College in 1939 and his Doctor of Medicine degree from Meharry Medical College in 1943.
March 2, 1941 David Satcher, physician and public health administrator, was born in Anniston, Alabama. Satcher earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology Phi Beta Kappa from Morehouse College in 1963. He simultaneously earned his medical degree and Ph.D. in cytogenetics from Case Western Reserve University in 1970. From 1979 to 1982, Satcher served […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 20th in African American History – Garrett Augustus Morgan, Sr.
- Ella Jane Fitzgerald – April 25th in African American History
- February 9th in African American History – Paul Laurence Dunbar
- November 5th in African American History – Kellen Boswell Winslow
- August 23rd in African American History – The National Negro Business League