March 7, 2002 Charles Howard Wright, physician, author, and museum founder, died. Wright was born September 20, 1918 in Dothan, Alabama. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Alabama State College in 1939 and his Doctor of Medicine degree from Meharry Medical College in 1943.
March 2, 1941 David Satcher, physician and public health administrator, was born in Anniston, Alabama. Satcher earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology Phi Beta Kappa from Morehouse College in 1963. He simultaneously earned his medical degree and Ph.D. in cytogenetics from Case Western Reserve University in 1970. From 1979 to 1982, Satcher served […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- John William “Johnny” Bristol – February 3rd in African American History
- October 3rd in African American History – Alfred Charles “Al” Sharpton, Jr.
- Marian Anderson – April 8th in African American History
- August 11th in African American History – Bud Billiken Parade and Picnic
- October 2nd in African American History – Robert Henry Lawrence, Jr.