March 7, 2002 Charles Howard Wright, physician, author, and museum founder, died. Wright was born September 20, 1918 in Dothan, Alabama. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Alabama State College in 1939 and his Doctor of Medicine degree from Meharry Medical College in 1943.
March 7, 1965 The first Selma to Montgomery march for civil rights. The March was led by John Lewis of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) and the Reverend Hosea Williams of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC), with approximately 600 marchers was attacked by state and local police with billy clubs and tear gas […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 10th in African American History – Lusia “Lucy” Harris
- March 23rd in African American History – Maynard Holbrook Jackson, Jr.
- January 11th in African American History – Mary Jane Blige
- October 24th in African American History – Jack Roosevelt Jackie Robinson
- May 23rd in African American History – Jerome Heartwell “Brud” Holland