March 7, 2002 Charles Howard Wright, physician, author, and museum founder, died. Wright was born September 20, 1918 in Dothan, Alabama. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Alabama State College in 1939 and his Doctor of Medicine degree from Meharry Medical College in 1943.
March 7, 1965 The first Selma to Montgomery march for civil rights. The March was led by John Lewis of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) and the Reverend Hosea Williams of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC), with approximately 600 marchers was attacked by state and local police with billy clubs and tear gas […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 27th in African American History – Walter Fenner “Buck” Leonard
- February 21st in African American History – El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- December 15th in African American History – Rufus Thomas Jr.
- Mark Clark – June 28th in African American History
- October 10th in African American History – Thelonious Monk