February 28, 1967 Matthew Leonard, Medal of Honor recipient, died in action. Leonard was born November 26, 1929 in Eutaw, Alabama and served in the United States Army during the Korean and Vietnam Wars.
December 19, 1968 President Lyndon B. Johnson presented the Medal of Honor, America’s highest military decoration, to the family of Matthew Leonard for his actions during the Vietnam War. Leonard was born November 26, 1929 in Eutaw, Alabama. He served in the United States Army during the Korean and Vietnam Wars. On February 28, 1967, […]
February 28, 1968 Juanita Hall, musical theater and film actress, died. Hall was born November 6, 1901 in Keyport, New Jersey and after receiving classical training at Julliard School became a leading Broadway performer. Hall began singing and playing small roles in theatre in the northeast. In 1935, she appeared on Broadway in Sailor Beware. Over the next […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- September 23rd in African American History – John William Coltrane
- February 4th in African American History – Lawrence Joel
- May 21st in African American History – Clarence Edward “Big House” Gaines, Sr.
- November 6th in African American History – Stan Wright
- November 10th in African American History – Miriam Makeba