February 28, 1967 Matthew Leonard, Medal of Honor recipient, died in action. Leonard was born November 26, 1929 in Eutaw, Alabama and served in the United States Army during the Korean and Vietnam Wars.
December 19, 1968 President Lyndon B. Johnson presented the Medal of Honor, America’s highest military decoration, to the family of Matthew Leonard for his actions during the Vietnam War. Leonard was born November 26, 1929 in Eutaw, Alabama. He served in the United States Army during the Korean and Vietnam Wars. On February 28, 1967, […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- October 17th in African American History – Mae Carol Jemison
- February 13th in African American History – Malvin Russell Goode
- Roscoe Lee Browne – April 11th in African American History
- June 4th in African American History – Clarissa Davis
- November 22nd in African American History – Guion “Guy” Bluford, Jr.