February 28, 1967 Matthew Leonard, Medal of Honor recipient, died in action. Leonard was born November 26, 1929 in Eutaw, Alabama and served in the United States Army during the Korean and Vietnam Wars.
December 19, 1968 President Lyndon B. Johnson presented the Medal of Honor, America’s highest military decoration, to the family of Matthew Leonard for his actions during the Vietnam War. Leonard was born November 26, 1929 in Eutaw, Alabama. He served in the United States Army during the Korean and Vietnam Wars. On February 28, 1967, […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 20th in African American History – Garrett Augustus Morgan, Sr.
- December 13th in African American History – Ferguson Arthur Jenkins
- Paul Revere Williams – February 18th in African American History
- November 22nd in African American History – Benjamin Sherman “Scatman” Crothers
- March 1st in African American History – Harold George “Harry” Belafonte, Jr.