February 28, 1967 Matthew Leonard, Medal of Honor recipient, died in action. Leonard was born November 26, 1929 in Eutaw, Alabama and served in the United States Army during the Korean and Vietnam Wars.
December 19, 1968 President Lyndon B. Johnson presented the Medal of Honor, America’s highest military decoration, to the family of Matthew Leonard for his actions during the Vietnam War. Leonard was born November 26, 1929 in Eutaw, Alabama. He served in the United States Army during the Korean and Vietnam Wars. On February 28, 1967, […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- December 27th in African American History – Vincent Dacosta Smith
- February 14th in African American History – Monetta J. Sleet, Jr.
- Otis J. Rene – April 5th in African American History
- September 16th in African American History – Riley “B. B.” King
- December 27th in African American History – James Madison Nabrit, Jr.