February 20, 1936 John Hope, educator and political activist, died. Hope was born June 2, 1868 in Augusta, Georgia. He graduated from Worcester Academy in 1890 and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Brown University in 1894. In 1898, Hope became professor of classics at Atlanta Baptist College (now Morehouse College) and in 1906 […]
February 20, 1913 Thomas Kilgore, one of the few men to lead two major national Baptist organizations, was born in Woodruff, South Carolina. Kilgore earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Morehouse College in 1935 and earned his Bachelor of Divinity degree from Union Theological Seminary in 1957.
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- March 2nd in African American History – Frank E. Petersen, Jr.
- January 13th in African American History – Theodore DeReese “Teddy” Pendergrass
- August 29th in African American History – Michael Joseph Jackson
- Wilberforce University – July 10th in African American History
- September 29th in African American History – Bryant Charles Gumbel