February 20, 1936 John Hope, educator and political activist, died. Hope was born June 2, 1868 in Augusta, Georgia. He graduated from Worcester Academy in 1890 and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Brown University in 1894. In 1898, Hope became professor of classics at Atlanta Baptist College (now Morehouse College) and in 1906 […]
February 20, 1913 Thomas Kilgore, one of the few men to lead two major national Baptist organizations, was born in Woodruff, South Carolina. Kilgore earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Morehouse College in 1935 and earned his Bachelor of Divinity degree from Union Theological Seminary in 1957.
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 16th in African American History – Levardis Robert Martyn “LeVar” Burton
- July 9th in African American History – Eloise Gwendolyn Isabel Sanford
- August 5th in African American History – Oliver White Hill, Sr.
- January 3rd in African American History – Cheryl D. Miller
- December 23rd in African American History – William Vernell “Willie” Wood, Sr.