February 20, 1936 John Hope, educator and political activist, died. Hope was born June 2, 1868 in Augusta, Georgia. He graduated from Worcester Academy in 1890 and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Brown University in 1894. In 1898, Hope became professor of classics at Atlanta Baptist College (now Morehouse College) and in 1906 […]
December 20, 1968 George Edward Chalmer Hayes, lawyer, died. Hayes was born July 1, 1894 in Richmond, Virginia. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Brown University in 1915 and earned his law degree from Howard University School of Law in 1918. While at Howard, he attained one of the highest academic averages on record there. […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- July 24th in African American History – Karl Anthony Malone
- September 22nd in African American History – Robert Lee Satcher, Jr.
- August 21st in African American History – James Anderson, Jr.
- August 27th in African American History – Norman W. Lewis
- Roland W. Hayes – January 1st in African American History