February 27, 1911 Ed Davis, the first African American to win a franchise to sell new cars, was born in Shreveport, Louisiana. As a teenager, Davis moved to Detroit, Michigan to attend integrated public schools.
May 3, 1999 Ed Davis, the first African American to win a franchise to sell new cars, died. Davis was born February 27, 1911 in Shreveport, Louisiana and as a teenager moved to Detroit to attend integrated public schools. Davis’ first job was at a car repair garage where the owner instructed him to look […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 20th in African American History – Garrett Augustus Morgan, Sr.
- March 28th in African American History – Cumberland Willis “Cum” Posey
- June 10th in African American History – Ray Charles
- August 9th in African American History – Bernard Jeffrey “Bernie Mac” McCullough
- Lewis Howard Latimer – September 4th in African American History