February 27, 1911 Ed Davis, the first African American to win a franchise to sell new cars, was born in Shreveport, Louisiana. As a teenager, Davis moved to Detroit, Michigan to attend integrated public schools.
Tag Archives | May 3
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- September 9th in African American History – Otis Ray Redding, Jr.
- December 28th in African American History – Billy Taylor
- March 31st in African American History – James Cleveland “Jesse” Owens
- August 16th in African American History – Dorothy West
- December 12th in African American History – Ike Wister Turner
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer