February 15, 1968 Marion “Little Walter” Jacobs, blues harmonica player, died. Jacobs was born May 1, 1930 in Marksville, Louisiana. Jacobs moved to Chicago in 1945 and from 1948 to 1952 played in Muddy Walters’ band. His harmonica is featured on most of Walters’ classic recordings from the 1950s.
February 15, 1980 Charles Leroy Thomas, Medal of Honor recipient, died. Thomas was born April 17, 1920 in Alabama. Before World War II, he worked at Ford Motor Company and was a student at Wayne State University. On December 14, 1944 Second Lieutenant Thomas led a task force in the capture of Climbach, France. Thomas’ [...]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- January 22nd in African American History – James Anderson, Jr.
- February 4th in African American History – Lawrence Joel
- September 16th in African American History – Mamie Smith
- May 1st in African American History – Kenneth Bancroft Clark
- October 12th in African American History – Cynthia DeLores Nottage Tucker