January 15, 1969 Garfield McConnell Langhorn, Medal of Honor recipient, was killed in action. Langhorn was born September 10, 1948 in Cumberland, Virginia. He joined the United States Army in 1968 and by January 15, 1969 was serving as a private first class in Troop C, 7th Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Aviation Brigade during […]
April 7, 1942 Rodney Maxwell Davis, Medal of Honor recipient, was born in Macon, Georgia. Davis enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1961 and by 1966 had been promoted to sergeant. By September 6, 1967, he was serving as a platoon guide with Company B, First Battalion, Fifth Marines, First Marine Division in […]
April 7, 1945 Willy F. James, Jr., Medal of Honor recipient, was killed in action. James was born March 18, 1920 in Kansas City, Missouri. He enlisted in the United States Army in 1942 and by April 7, 1945 was an infantry scout assigned to Company G, 413th Infantry Regiment, 104th Infantry Division. His actions […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- September 22nd in African American History – The Interstate Commerce Commission
- March 5th in African American History – Charles Henry Fuller, Jr.
- October 7th in African American History – Sargent Claude Johnson
- Ida Rebecca Cummings – March 17th in African American History
- November 9th in African American History – Edward Randolph Bradley, Jr.