January 15, 1969 Garfield McConnell Langhorn, Medal of Honor recipient, was killed in action. Langhorn was born September 10, 1948 in Cumberland, Virginia. He joined the United States Army in 1968 and by January 15, 1969 was serving as a private first class in Troop C, 7th Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Aviation Brigade during […]
Tag Archives | September 10
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- March 27th in African American History – Mariah Carey
- March 15th in African American History – Harriet E. “Hattie” Adams Wilson
- John Edward Jacob – December 16th in African American History
- September 7th in African American History – James Madison Nabrit, Jr.
- July 9th in African American History – James L. Farmer, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer