March 19, 1895 Clatonia Joaquin Dorticus of Newton, New Jersey received patent number 535,820 for a device for applying coloring liquids to sides of soles or heels of shoes.
Tag Archives | April 23
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 24th in African American History – Amanda Berry Smith
- Richard Nathaniel Wright – September 4th in African American History
- December 14th in African American History – Aloyisus Leon Higginbotham, Jr.
- Rebecca Davis Lee Crumpler – March 9th in African American History
- November 12th in African American History – Samuel Peralta Sosa
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer