March 19, 1895 Clatonia Joaquin Dorticus of Newton, New Jersey received patent number 535,820 for a device for applying coloring liquids to sides of soles or heels of shoes.
Tag Archives | April 23
Clatonia Joaquin Dorticus – March 19th in African American History
By Chimsima Zuhri on March 19, 2014 in African American History, March, Science
Tags: April 16, April 23, inventor, July 18, March 19, patent
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- October 3rd in African American History – Alfred Charles “Al” Sharpton, Jr.
- January 2nd in African American History – John Hope Franklin
- February 21st in African American History – Frederick McKinley Jones
- January 24th in African American History – Flora Jean “Flo” Hyman
- June 14th in African American History – Paul Yaw Boateng
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer