March 19, 1895 Clatonia Joaquin Dorticus of Newton, New Jersey received patent number 535,820 for a device for applying coloring liquids to sides of soles or heels of shoes.
Tag Archives | April 16
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- January 20th in African American History – Curtis Charles Flood
- June 2nd in African American History – Bo Diddley
- February 29th in African American History – Willi Donnell Smith
- February 25th in African American History – Daniel “Chappie” James, Jr.
- November 11th in African American History – Channing E. Phillips
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer