March 5, 1939 Charles Henry Fuller, Jr., playwright and novelist, was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Fuller attended Villanova University before serving in the United States Army from 1959 to 1962. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from La Salle College in 1967 and was a co-founder of the Afro-American Arts Theater in Philadelphia that […]
Tag Archives | Villanova University
By Chimsima Zuhri on March 5, 2012 in Acting, African American History, Author, March, Military
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- July 2nd in African American History – The National Black Network
- September 10th in African American History – Robert Jerry Lanier, Jr.
- July 8th in African American History – Alyce Faye Wattleton
- October 8th in African American History – John B. McLendon, Jr.
- February 18th in African American History – Dedan Kimathi Waciuri
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer