January 5, 1954 Alexander English, hall of fame basketball player, was born in Columbia, South Carolina. English played collegiate basketball at the University of South Carolina where he was a two-time All-American and graduated in 1976. He was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 1976 NBA Draft. English spent the majority of his 16 […]
Tag Archives | University of South Carolina
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 16th in African American History – Zina Lynna Garrison
- Chester Arthur Burnett (Howlin’ Wolf) – January 10th in African American History
- March 1st in African American History – Harold George “Harry” Belafonte, Jr.
- Harriet E. Adams Wilson – June 28th in African American History
- November 11th in African American History – Rodney Milburn, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer