December 30, 1941 Melvin Lacy Renfro, hall of fame football defensive back, was born in Houston, Texas. Renfro attended the University of Oregon where he was a track star and All-American halfback and defensive back. He was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the 1964 NFL Draft and over his 14 year professional career was […]
Tag Archives | University of Oregon
By Chimsima Zuhri on December 30, 2012 in African American History, December, Sports
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- October 17th in African American History – Mae Carol Jemison
- September 22nd in African American History – Jeremiah Alvesta Wright, Jr.
- August 4th in African American History – Willard Jesse Brown
- December 23rd in African American History – Esther Mae Jones Phillips
- September 7th in African American History – James Madison Nabrit, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer