NBNA is a non-profit organization first organized in 1971, but officially incorporated on September 2, 1972 in Ohio. After more than 40 years, the association continues to grow and expand the opportunities to “provide a forum for collective action by African American nurses to investigate, define and determine what the health care needs of African […]
Tag Archives | September 2
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 28th in African American History – Elbert Frank Cox
- April 19th in African American History – Joseph B. Williams, Sr.
- October 1st in African American History – Youssou N’Dour
- January 9th in African American History – Earl Gilbert Graves, Sr.
- December 12th in African American History – Ike Wister Turner
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer