March 8, 1902 Louise Beavers, stage, film, and television actress, was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. Beavers’ initial acting experience was gained on the stage where she sang in many musical comedies.
Tag Archives | October 26
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- March 4th in African American History – Otis Frank Boykin
- March 6th in African American History – John Leslie “Wes” Montgomery
- November 10th in African American History – Miriam Makeba
- July 14th in African American History – Ronald McKinley Everett
- November 11th in African American History – Rodney Milburn, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer