March 8, 1902 Louise Beavers, stage, film, and television actress, was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. Beavers’ initial acting experience was gained on the stage where she sang in many musical comedies.
Tag Archives | October 26
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 24th in African American History – Webster Anderson
- June 10th in African American History – John Arthur “Jack” Johnson
- December 9th in African American History – Toni Cade Bambara
- Archibald Carey, Sr. – March 23rd in African American History
- December 27th in African American History – James Madison Nabrit, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer