February 20, 1963 Charles Wade Barkley, hall of fame basketball player, was born in Leeds, Alabama. Barkley played college basketball at Auburn University where he was a three-time All-SEC selection and Conference Player of the Year in 1984. Barkley was selected by the Philadelphia 76ers in the 1984 NBA Draft and over his 16 year […]
February 17, 1963 Michael Jeffrey “Air” Jordan, hall of fame basketball player, was born in Brooklyn, New York. In 1981, Jordan earned a basketball scholarship to the University of North Carolina who he led to a National Championship in 1982 and where he won the Naismith and Wooden College Player of the Year Awards in […]
February 10, 1955 Lusia “Lucy” Harris, hall of fame basketball player, was born in Minter City, Mississippi. Harris attended Delta State University and led them to the AIAW National Championship three consecutive years between 1975 and 1977. She was also named All-American each of those years. When she graduated, she held 15 of 18 Delta […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- January 3rd in African American History – William “Willy” Theodore Ribbs, Jr.
- Paul LeRoy Bustill Robeson – January 23rd in African American History
- Juneteenth Celebrations – June 19th in African American History
- October 22nd in African American History – Samuel Lee Gravely, Jr.
- October 18th in African American History – Wynton Learson Marsalis