September 28, 1914 Christian Abraham Fleetwood, Medal of Honor winner, died. Fleetwood was born July 21, 1840 in Baltimore, Maryland. He received his early education in the office of the secretary of the Maryland Colonization Society, went briefly to Liberia and Sierra Leone, and graduated in 1860 from Ashmun Institute (later Lincoln University). After the […]
Tag Archives | Medal of Honor
By Chimsima Zuhri on September 28, 2010 in African American History, September
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- July 10th in African American History – Mary Jane McLeod Bethune
- August 5th in African American History – Oliver White Hill, Sr.
- June 17th in African American History – Grace Towns Hamilton
- October 8th in African American History – Jesse Louis Jackson, Sr.
- Cornelius E. Gunter – February 26th in African American History
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer