May 16, 1990, “We’re All in the Same Gang,” a single promoting anti violence, was released. “We’re All in the Same Gang” was a single by the West Coast Rap All-Stars, a coalition of prominent west coast hip-hop stars who came together to preach the word of unity, and raise funds for inner-city youth projects. The […]
Tag Archives | May 16
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- September 24th in African American History – Charles Edward “Mean Joe” Greene
- January 14th in African American History – John Earl Warren, Jr.
- Alexander Thomas Augusta – March 8th in African American History
- March 26th in African American History – Marcus LeMarr Allen
- October 22nd in African American History – Samuel Lee Gravely, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer