February 3, 1979 Aaron Douglas, painter and educator, died. Douglas was born May 26, 1899 in Topeka, Kansas. He developed an interest in art during his childhood. Douglas earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Nebraska in 1922.
Tag Archives | February 3
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 14th in African American History – Monetta J. Sleet, Jr.
- November 14th in African American History – Cornelius E. Gunter
- February 6th in African American History – Robert Nesta “Bob” Marley
- July 27th in African American History – Harry “Sweets” Edison
- May 19th in African American History – Lorraine Hansberry
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer