February 3, 1979 Aaron Douglas, painter and educator, died. Douglas was born May 26, 1899 in Topeka, Kansas. He developed an interest in art during his childhood. Douglas earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Nebraska in 1922.
Tag Archives | February 3
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- October 20th in African American History – Lee Roy Selmon
- March 3rd in African American History – William Delouis Watson
- January 21st in African American History – Eric Himpton Holder, Jr.
- September 27th in African American History – Hiram Rhodes Revels
- February 3rd in African American History – Laura Wheeler Waring
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer