On June 21, 1927, Carl Stokes was born. One reason we celebrate his birthday is the fact he was the first major American city mayor to be black. Being the first black mayor of a major city in the U.S. is not the only accomplishment that deserves recognition. He was a US Ambassador, an Ohio […]
Tag Archives | Cleveland Marshal Law School
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- September 17th in African American History – Vanessa Lynn Williams
- March 1st in African American History – Harold George “Harry” Belafonte, Jr.
- Rodney Maxwell Davis – April 7th in African American History
- September 26th in African American History – Serena Jameka Williams
- January 22nd in African American History – James Anderson, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer