November 24, 2009 Hale Smith, composer, pianist, arranger and educator, died. Smith was born June 29, 1925 in Cleveland, Ohio. He earned a Bachelor of Music degree and a Master of Music degree from the Cleveland Institute of Music in 1950 and 1952, respectively.
Tag Archives | Cleveland Institute of Music
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 3rd in African American History – Eduardo Chivambo Mondlane
- October 17th in African American History – Graca Simbine Machel
- August 21st in African American History – James Anderson, Jr.
- September 11th in African American History – Loletha Elaine Lola Falana
- July 10th in African American History – Arthur Robert Ashe, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer