March 23, 1931 Archibald Carey, Sr., political activist, writer and religious leader, died. Carey was born August 25, 1868 in Atlanta, Georgia. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Atlanta University in 1888 and became a licensed preacher.
Tag Archives | August 25
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- December 1st in African American History – Rosa Louise McCauley Parks
- William DeKova White – January 28th in African American History
- October 9th in African American History – Rosetta Tharpe
- March 1st in African American History – Harold George “Harry” Belafonte, Jr.
- October 9th in African American History – Milton Jackson
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer