December 27 1941 Nolan Richardson, hall of fame college basketball coach, was born in El Paso, Texas. Richardson played college basketball at the University of Texas – El Paso and earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1964. He began his coaching career in 1968. In 1978, he moved to Western Texas Junior College where […]
Tag Archives | University of Tulsa
By Chimsima Zuhri on December 27, 2012 in African American History, December, Sports
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- December 10th in African American History – Otis Ray Redding, Jr.
- September 21st in African American History – Kwame Nkrumah
- John R. Thompson, Jr. – September 2nd in African American History
- The Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) – April 8th in African American History
- January 30th in African American History – Edward Allen Carter, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer