April 27, 1972 Kwame Nkrumah, the first President of Ghana, died. Nkrumah was born September 21, 1909 in Nkroful, Gold Coast (Ghana). In 1935, he came to the United States to further his education, earning a Bachelor of Arts in 1939 and a Bachelor of Sacred Theology in 1942 from Lincoln University and a Master […]
Tag Archives | September 21
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- December 27th in African American History – James Madison Nabrit, Jr.
- January 30th in African American History – Edward Allen Carter, Jr.
- July 1st in African American History – Renaldo “Obie” Benson
- November 1st in African American History – James Milton Turner
- November 22nd in African American History – Johnnie Tillmon Blackston
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer