April 6, 1970 Maurice Stokes, hall of fame basketball player, died. Stokes was born June 17, 1933 in Rankin, Pennsylvania. He played basketball for Saint Francis University and graduated in 1955. He was named the Most Valuable Player of the 1955 National Invitational Basketball Tournament. In the 1955 NBA Draft, he was selected by the […]
Tag Archives | Saint Francis University
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- March 12th in African American History – Charles “Bird” Parker, Jr.
- March 7th in African American History – Clarence Eugene Sasser
- January 14th in African American History – John Earl Warren, Jr.
- March 11th in African American History – Whitney Moore Young, Jr.
- October 18th in African American History – Charles Edward “Chuck” Berry
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer