February 26, 1933 Godfrey MacArthur Cambridge, comedian and stage and film actor, was born in New York City. Cambridge won a four-year scholarship to study medicine, but instead decided to become an actor, leaving college in his third year.
Tag Archives | November 29
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 20th in African American History – Garrett Augustus Morgan, Sr.
- November 4th in African American History – Sean John “Diddy” Combs
- October 1st in African American History – Youssou N’Dour
- Marvin Pentz Gay, Jr. – April 2nd in African American History
- March 14th in African American History – Westley Sissel “Wes” Unseld
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer