February 25, 1968 Oumou Sangare, the “songbird of Wassoulou,” was born in Bamako, Mali. Sangare was recognized as a gifted singer at the age of five and at 16 she was touring.
Tags: February 25
January 31, 1914 Arnold Raymond Cream (Jersey Joe Walcott), Hall of Fame boxer, was born in Merchantville, New Jersey. Walcott made his professional boxing debut in 1930 and in 1951 won the heavyweight championship at the age of 37. At the time, he was the oldest man to win the heavyweight championship. Over his 23 […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- July 28th in African American History – Frederick J. Eikerenkoetter II (Rev. Ike)
- Rosemary Brown – April 26th in African American History
- February 19th in African American History – Ollie Genoa Matson II
- March 19th in African American History – John Henry “Pop” Lloyd
- July 4th in African American History – Benjamin Oliver Davis, Jr.