February 25, 1968 Oumou Sangare, the “songbird of Wassoulou,” was born in Bamako, Mali. Sangare was recognized as a gifted singer at the age of five and at 16 she was touring.
Tags: February 25
January 31, 1914 Arnold Raymond Cream (Jersey Joe Walcott), Hall of Fame boxer, was born in Merchantville, New Jersey. Walcott made his professional boxing debut in 1930 and in 1951 won the heavyweight championship at the age of 37. At the time, he was the oldest man to win the heavyweight championship. Over his 23 […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 26th in African American History – Vivien Theodore Thomas
- Frank Robinson – August 31st in African American History
- January 14th in African American History – John Earl Warren, Jr.
- April 19th in African American History – Percy Lavon Julian
- February 1st in African American History – Michael Phillip Anderson