January 24, 1900 Wilson Brown, Medal of Honor recipient, died. Brown was born in 1841 in Natchez, Mississippi. During the Civil War, he enlisted in the Union Navy and was assigned as a landsman to the USS Hartford.
Tag Archives | December 31
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- October 3rd in African American History – Alfred Charles “Al” Sharpton, Jr.
- May 23rd in African American History – Vernon D. Jarrett
- September 12th in African American History – James Cleveland Jesse Owens
- October 29th in African American History – Vonetta Flowers
- January 1st in African American History – Shirley Anita St. Hill Chisholm
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer