On April 13, 1997, 21-year old Tiger Woods won the prestigious Masters Golf Tournament. This victory brought Woods increased notoriety in a sport known for its exclusiveness. This date is notable because he made history as both the first African American and the youngest Masters champion. Most golfers can only dream of winning the Masters; […]
Tag Archives | December 30
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- November 4th in African American History – Sean John “Diddy” Combs
- January 5th in African American History – Charles Mingus, Jr.
- May 30th in African American History – Roslyn McCallister Brock
- September 14th in African American History – Constance Baker Motley
- January 22nd in African American History – James Anderson, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer