January 2, 1971 Lloyd Augustus Hall, chemist and inventor, died. Hall was born June 20, 1894 in Elgin, Illinois, but was raised in Aurora, Illinois. Hall earned his Bachelor of Science degree in pharmaceutical chemistry from Northwestern University in 1916 and went on to do graduate work at the University of Chicago.
September 23, 1995 Henry Ransom Cecil McBay, chemist and educator, died. McBay was born May 29, 1914 in Mexia, Texas. He earned his B. S. degree from Wiley College in 1934 and his master’s degree from Atlanta University in 1936. McBay then taught at several educational institutions before accepting a position at the University of […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- August 21st in African American History – James Anderson, Jr.
- Floyd Patterson – January 4th in African American History
- February 23rd in African American History – Donald Luther Lee (Haki R. Madhubuti)
- Jean Baptiste Pointe du Sable – August 28th in African American History
- Ornette Coleman – March 9th in African American History