November 25, 1987 Harold Lee Washington, the first and only African American Mayor of Chicago, died. Washington was born April 15, 1922 in Chicago, Illinois and grew up in Bronzeville, the epicenter of Black culture in Chicago. After service in the military, Washington earned a bachelor’s degree from Roosevelt College in 1949 and a law […]
Tags: University of Zambia
September 3, 1948 Levy Patrick Mwanawasa, the third President of Zambia, was born in Mufulira, North Rhodesia. After earning his law degree from the University of Zambia, he worked in private law firms. In 1991, Mwanawasa was elected to Parliament and from that year to 1994 served as Vice President of Zambia. In 2001, Mwanawasa […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 18th in African American History – Frank M. Snowden, Jr.
- Alfred L. Cralle – February 2nd in African American History
- November 12th in African American History – Eugene Antonio Marino
- July 3rd in African American History – Fontella Bass
- November 11th in African American History – Rodney Milburn, Jr.