January 2, 1971 Lloyd Augustus Hall, chemist and inventor, died. Hall was born June 20, 1894 in Elgin, Illinois, but was raised in Aurora, Illinois. Hall earned his Bachelor of Science degree in pharmaceutical chemistry from Northwestern University in 1916 and went on to do graduate work at the University of Chicago.
January 2, 1977 Erroll Louis Garner, jazz pianist and composer, died. Garner was born June 15, 1921 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He began playing the piano at the age of three and at the age of seven was appearing on the radio with a group called the Candy Kids. By the age of 11, he was [...]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 11th in African American History – Daniel “Chappie” James, Jr.
- November 20th in African American History – Dwight Eugene Stephenson
- September 21st in African American History – Charles Calvin Rogers
- March 12th in African American History – Andrew Jackson Young
- August 20th in African American History – Stephanie Tubbs Jones