November 23, 1960 Robin Rene Roberts, co-host of “Good Morning America,” was born in Andalusia, Alabama but grew up in Pass Christian, Mississippi. Roberts attended Southeastern Louisiana University where she was a standout performer on the women’s basketball team and earned her Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude in communications in 1983.
Tag Archives | reporter
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- August 13th in African American History – Caterina Jarboro
- January 8th in African American History – James Edward Cheek
- March 2nd in African American History – David Satcher
- January 6th in African American History – Louis Emanuel Martin, Jr.
- February 20th in African American History – Sidney Poitier
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer