November 23, 1960 Robin Rene Roberts, co-host of “Good Morning America,” was born in Andalusia, Alabama but grew up in Pass Christian, Mississippi. Roberts attended Southeastern Louisiana University where she was a standout performer on the women’s basketball team and earned her Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude in communications in 1983.
Tag Archives | reporter
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- December 15th in African American History – Rufus Thomas Jr.
- Madeline Manning – January 11th in African American History
- February 20th in African American History – Jaramogi Abebe Agyeman (Albert Cleage)
- December 30th in African American History – Samuel Milton Nabrit
- Oscar Palmer Austin – January 15th in African American History
Academy Award actor actress All-American All-Star Army athlete author baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights civil rights activist civil rights leader College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator emmy Award football Gold Medal Grammy Award Grammy Hall of Fame Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award jazz Medal of Honor musician NAACP National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts NEA Jazz Master NFL poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Bowl Pro Football Hall of Fame R&B Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer