April 1, 2011 William Manning Marable, educator, author, and activist, died. Marable was born May 13, 1950 in Dayton, Ohio. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Earlham College in 1971, his Master of Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin in 1972, and his Ph. D. from the University of Maryland in 1976. […]
Tags: civil rights activist, Colgate University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Earlham College, educator, founder, Ohio State University, Tuskegee University, University of Colorado, University of Maryland, University of Wisconsin
November 27, 2007 William Karnet Willis, hall of fame football player, died. Willis was born October 5, 1921 in Columbus, Ohio. He played college football at Ohio State University and in 1944 was named an All-American. After graduating in 1945, Willis took a job as the head football coach at Kentucky State College.
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- April 12th in African American History – Sugar Ray Robinson
- December 15th in African American History – Rufus Thomas Jr.
- October 10th in African American History – Eddie Futch
- December 19th in African American History – Milton John Hinton
- November 25th in African American History – George D. Webster