March 5, 1968 Ralph Henry Johnson, Medal of Honor recipient, was killed in action. Johnson was born January 11, 1949 in Charleston, South Carolina. He enlisted in the United States Marine Corp in July, 1967.
January 11, 1949 Ralph Henry Johnson, Medal of Honor recipient, was born in Charleston, South Carolina. Johnson enlisted in the United States Marine Corp in July, 1967. On March 5, 1968, he was serving as a private first class with Company A, First Reconnaissance Battalion, First Marine Division in the Republic of Vietnam. His actions […]
March 5, 1953 Mosima Gabriel “Tokyo” Sexwale, anti-apartheid activist, former political prisoner and businessman, was born in Transvaal, South Africa. Sexwale became a member of the Black Consciousness Movement in the late 1960s and in the early 1970s joined the African National Congress’ armed wing. In 1975, he went into exile to undergo military training. […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- October 4th in African American History – Bernice Johnson Reagon
- December 23rd in African American History – William Vernell “Willie” Wood, Sr.
- November 29th in African American History – Mabel Keaton Stauper
- James Nathaniel “Jim” Brown – February 17th in African American History
- June 10th in African American History – Ray Charles