April 28, 2008 Will Robinson, the first African American head basketball coach at a Division I college, died. Robinson was born June 3, 1911 in Wadesboro, North Carolina. As a high school student, he finished second in the state golf tournament despite not being allowed on the course with the white players. Robinson lettered in […]
Tag Archives | Illinois State University
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- February 26th in African American History – Marshall William Faulk
- October 18th in African American History – Cyril Valentine Briggs
- September 22nd in African American History – Jeremiah Alvesta Wright, Jr.
- August 5th in African American History – Oliver White Hill, Sr.
- May 23rd in African American History – Vernon D. Jarrett
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer