March 28, 1925 Ed Wilson, sculptor, was born in Baltimore, Maryland. After serving in the United States Army from 1943 to 1946, Wilson earned his Master of Arts degree from the University of Iowa in 1953. Wilson’s involvement in the Civil Rights Movement is apparent in such works as “Minority Man” (1957). In 1964, Wilson […]
Tag Archives | Harpur College
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- January 11th in African American History – Vernon Ferdinand Dahmer, Sr.
- June 20th in African American History – Lionel Brockman Richie
- October 8th in African American History – Jesse Louis Jackson, Sr.
- July 31st in African American History – Arnette R. Hubbard
- February 1st in African American History – James Price Johnson
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer