February 29, 1948 Willi Donnell Smith, one of the most successful young fashion designers in fashion history, was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Smith attended Philadelphia College of Art for fashion illustration and then moved to New York City to attend Parsons School of Design. He quit Parsons in 1967 to pursue a design career on […]
Tag Archives | founder
By Chimsima Zuhri on February 29, 2012 in African American History, Artist, February
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- Maurice Stokes – April 6th in African American History
- September 29th in African American History – Bryant Charles Gumbel
- January 22nd in African American History – James Anderson, Jr.
- August 20th in African American History – Eugene Thurman Upshaw, Jr.
- January 30th in African American History – Edward Allen Carter, Jr.
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer