February 6, 1927 Thomas S. McIntosh, jazz trombonist, composer and arranger, was born in Baltimore, Maryland. McIntosh played trombone in an army band and graduated from Juilliard in 1958.
Tag Archives | February 6
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- September 19th in African American History – Earl Cyril Palmer
- March 23rd in African American History – Maynard Holbrook Jackson, Jr.
- Kid Gavilan – February 13th in African American History
- November 6th in African American History – Barack Obama Wins Re-election for President
- February 6th in African American History – Walter Edward Fauntroy
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer