February 6, 1927 Thomas S. McIntosh, jazz trombonist, composer and arranger, was born in Baltimore, Maryland. McIntosh played trombone in an army band and graduated from Juilliard in 1958.
Tag Archives | February 6
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- December 29th in African American History – Frederick Dewayne “Freddie” Hubbard
- September 9th in African American History – Elvin Ray Jones
- July 1st in African American History – Luther Ronzoni Vandross
- November 9th in African American History – Edward Randolph Bradley, Jr.
- August 14th in African American History – Abbey Lincoln
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer