February 17, 1936 James Nathaniel “Jim” Brown, hall of fame football player and actor, was born in St. Simons Island, Georgia. Brown earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Syracuse University in 1957 and also excelled in basketball, track, lacrosse, and football.
Tags: February 17
February 17, 1891 Albert C. Richardson of South Frankfort, Michigan was awarded patent number 446,470 for inventing a new and improved churn. His invention provided a simple and inexpensive churn capable of readily converting the lacteal fluid into butter and delivering the same upon a suitable plate for convenient removal. Richardson created several other devices […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- May 6th in African American History – Otis Blackwell
- October 24th in African American History – Rosa Louise McCauley Parks
- Marian Anderson – April 8th in African American History
- September 26th in African American History – Martha Minerva Franklin
- July 4th in African American History – Benjamin Oliver Davis, Jr.