February 17, 1936 James Nathaniel “Jim” Brown, hall of fame football player and actor, was born in St. Simons Island, Georgia. Brown earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Syracuse University in 1957 and also excelled in basketball, track, lacrosse, and football.
Tags: February 17
February 17, 1891 Albert C. Richardson of South Frankfort, Michigan was awarded patent number 446,470 for inventing a new and improved churn. His invention provided a simple and inexpensive churn capable of readily converting the lacteal fluid into butter and delivering the same upon a suitable plate for convenient removal. Richardson created several other devices […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- March 30th in African American History – Nellie Walker
- December 13th in African American History – Ferguson Arthur Jenkins
- January 14th in African American History – John Earl Warren, Jr.
- December 3rd in African American History – Gwendolyn Elizabeth Brooks
- September 27th in African American History – Hiram Rhodes Revels