December 28, 1952 Fletcher Hamilton Henderson, Jr., pianist, bandleader, arranger and composer, died. Henderson was born December 18, 1897 in Cuthbert, Georgia. He earned his bachelor’s degree in chemistry and mathematics from Atlanta University in 1920. After graduating, he moved to New York City to attend Columbia University for a master’s degree in chemistry. However, […]
Tag Archives | December 28
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- March 17th in African American History – Nathaniel Adams “Nat King” Cole
- October 22nd in African American History – Samuel Lee Gravely, Jr.
- We’re All in The Same Gang – May 16th in African American History
- September 22nd in African American History – Jeremiah Alvesta Wright, Jr.
- March 6th in African American History – John Leslie “Wes” Montgomery
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer