February 23, 1997 Anthony Tillmon “Tony” Williams, jazz drummer, died. Williams was born December 12, 1945 in Chicago, Illinois but grew up in Boston, Massachusetts.
Tag Archives | December 12
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- December 2nd in African American History – Eugene Ashley, Jr.
- April 22nd in African American History – Earl Kenneth “Fatha” Hines
- March 14th in African American History – Fannie Lou Townsend Hamer
- January 20th in African American History – Eva Jessye
- Guion “Guy” Bluford, Jr. – August 30th in African American History
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer