February 23, 1997 Anthony Tillmon “Tony” Williams, jazz drummer, died. Williams was born December 12, 1945 in Chicago, Illinois but grew up in Boston, Massachusetts.
Tag Archives | December 12
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- October 24th in African American History – Rosa Louise McCauley Parks
- February 18th in African American History – Frank M. Snowden, Jr.
- February 20th in African American History – Nancy Wilson
- September 9th in African American History – Otis Ray Redding, Jr.
- September 4th in African American History – Beyoncé Giselle Knowles
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer