February 18, 1894 Paul Revere Williams, architect, was born in Los Angeles, California. In high school, a teacher advised Williams against pursuing a career in architecture because he would have difficulty attracting clients in the majority-white community and the black community could not provide enough work.
Tag Archives | architect
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- May 20th in African American History – David Alexander Paterson
- November 11th in African American History – Rodney Milburn, Jr.
- July 4th in African American History – Benjamin Oliver Davis, Jr.
- October 17th in African American History – Levi Stubbs
- November 22nd in African American History – Johnnie Tillmon Blackston
Academy Award Air Force All-Star Army athlete baseball Baseball Hall of Fame basketball Broadway civil rights activist Civil Rights Movement College Football Hall of Fame composer Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame educator Emmy Award football Grammy Award Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award International Boxing Hall of Fame jazz Medal of Honor NAACP Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame National Endowment for the Arts National Medal of Arts Navy NEA Jazz Master NFL Olympics painter pianist poet Presidential Medal of Freedom Pro Football Hall of Fame Pulitzer Prize R&B record producer Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Spingarn Medal Tony Award World War II writer