March 6, 1940 Wilver Dornell “Willie” Stargell, hall of fame baseball player, was born in Earlsboro, Oklahoma. Stargell was signed by the Pittsburg Pirates at the age of 18 and made his major league debut in 1962.
Tags: March 6
March 6, 1857 The United States Supreme Court ruled in Dred Scott v. Sandford. Commonly referred to as the “Dred Scott decision,” that people of African descent imported into the United States and enslaved, or their descendants, enslaved or free, were not protected by the Constitution and could never be citizens of the United States. […]
April 9, 2001 Wilver Dornell “Willie” Stargell, hall of fame baseball player, died. Stargell was born March 6, 1940 in Earlsboro, Oklahoma. Stargell was signed by the Pittsburg Pirates at the age of 18 and made his Major League debut in 1962. Over his 21 year career with the Pirates, Stargell was the 1979 National […]
Subscribe to TiAAH
African American History Categories
Previous Days in African American History
Other African American History Posts
- January 9th in African American History – Earl Gilbert Graves, Sr.
- October 30th in African American History – Frank L. Mingo
- December 16th in African American History – Charles LeRoy Blockson
- January 25th in African American History – Sarah Louise “Sadie” Delany
- September 10th in African American History – Ronald G. Walters